- Chapters 1, 4, 11 All Lessons
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS
GRAMMAR AND USAGE:
SENTENCES - Types, Parts, Structure
NOUNS - Types, Usage,
VERBS - Types, Verb Tenses, Subject Verb Agreement, Voice &Mood, Participles, Gerunds, Infinitives
Punctuation, Capitalization, Use of Commas, Apostrophes
Context clues, compound, clipped, blended & borrowed words
GRAMMAR & WRITING:
Write sentences in active voice
Combine sentences with appositives
Figurative Language (Poetry)
SOCIAL STUDIES -DISCOVERING OUR PAST A HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES
Chapter 1: Exploring Social Studies
Chapter 3: Opening the West
Chapter 4: The Industrial Age
Grade 8 - Chapters 1, 2, and 4
+ 50 mixture of Multiple Choice/ True or False and Personal Reflections Questions
+ 1 Essay Question worth 30 points.
Review all the lesson material we have covered such as:
- Bible History
- How did God communicate with man before paper, printed press, or other writing instruments?
- The tradition of passing on knowledge, historical facts, ideas and cultural practices by conversations was called what?______________________________________
- Creation Story
Read Genesis 1 - 3 to be familiar with the Creation Story
- Sequence of Creation (sequence of days and what occurred on each specific day)
- Responsibilities of Adam & Eve in the garden of Eden.
- Names of their sons and birth order.
-How were Adam and Eve created differently
- How were animals, trees, fishes, birds, etc. created differently than Adam and Eve
- What cased them to be naked and how did they know they were naked?
- What happen between them and God when they sinned ?
- How did they know they were naked?
- What lie the serpent told them?
- Sequence of events that caused sin to enter the earth from - Lucifer to the entrance of sin upon the earth
- Entrance of Sin :
- Who sinned?
Why did they sin ?
What caused them to sin?
Who made them sin?
The results of Sin
- The lives of Adam, Enoch, Noah, Joseph
- years lived,
- what were they like,
- how did they relate to God.
- How old when died.
- How old was Enoch when he had his son/s?
- What was Enoch's life and relationship with God like - Good or evil man?
- What happened to Enoch that caused him to not "be found" .
Life of JOSEPH
Use the attached summary to review the life of Joseph and be able to answer the questions generated from this document
Questions will be based on the following but not limited to how specified below
-Who was Joseph?
- What was/were His dream/s?
- What was the interpretation of his dream/s?
- What happened to him because of the dream/s?
- What were the were the 3 most painful events of Josephs life ?
- What event caused him to be in prison?
- What did he do that caused him to be released?
- Who were the people thrown in prison with him?
- Who had stay back when the brothers had to return to their father?
- Be able to describe the sequence of events which brought everyone together again in happiness