Ms. Stokes (914)457-4654 Mrs. Gooden (914)400-6302
November 2, 2020
Just a few reminders and some highlights for the month of November:
1a. Picture Days! - Tuesday & Wednesday November 3rd & 4th. All students must wear School Uniform (No gym Uniform). The remote students are to be brought in by their parent to have their pictures taken between 9:00am and 12:00pm and then taken back home immediately afterward. We are expecting all students to have their pictures taken, whether you plan to purchase a package or not. We need the pictures for our yearbook.
1b. School Safety Precaution - Note: Based on the civil reaction to the election results tomorrow night, we might (MIGHT) have to close school on Wednesday for safety reasons. If (IF) this happens, the picture day for group A will be rescheduled for Monday, November 9, 2020.
2. Veterans Day - Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - School Closed
3. Parent / Teacher Conferences - Thursday, November 12, 2020 - No School on that day. Conferences will be through ZOOM. Please make sure to secure your time slot with your child's Teacher(s).
4. Internet Upgrade - Thank you for helping us to convert to FIOS with your Technology Donation. At this point we are still short $200. For those who have not yet contributed, please remember to do your part. I'm sure we have all noticed the improvements we are experiencing due to the change.
5. Students' Zoom Access - We are asking that all Grade 5 - 8 students log on to their Zoom classes through Jupiter by signing on to Jupiter and clicking the camera icon for each class. This is a faster, easier, and more secure way of signing in to Zoom classes.
6. Thanksgiving Break - Early Dismissal at 12:30 on Wednesday, November 25, 2020. School Closed for November 26th and 27th.
Thank you again for your cooperation and support of Oakview School. God bless you all.
J. Eric Imbert, Principal