Ms. Stokes (914)457-4654 Mrs. Gooden(914)400-6302
NOVEMBER 2019 NEWSLETTER
Dear Parent / Guardian:
As you look at the school calendar, you will realize that the first marking period ended last Friday. I do hope that you have been pushing your child to do his / her best in every subject.
I would like to bring a few things to your attention for the month of November:
àPlease remember that tuition is due on the first of each month.
1. Tuesday, November 5, will be Home & School meeting at Oakview. The meeting will start at 7:00 p.m.
2. Thursday, November 7, school will dismiss at 12:30 p.m. Parent / Teacher conference will be from
3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. If you are unable to come, please send a note to the teacher requesting your child’s report card. Please be aware that if your child’s account is not up to date, you will not receive the report card.
3.Tuesday, Nov. 12, will be a special school day for the students. It will be “Picture Day” (graduation pictures for PK, K, and 8). Please do not send your child in the gym uniform on that day. Kindly fill out the order form and submit your check money order, or you may pay online to the company.
4. Wednesday, November 27, school will dismiss at 12:30 p.m. for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Please make an effort to pick up your child on time within 10 minutes after dismissal time. We will have a special thanksgiving dinner for the students. The cost is $12.00 per child. The profit will go toward the busses. Thank you for your support.
5. Fall Family Festival will be Saturday, December 7, at 5:00 pm at Dewitt Clinton High School. Please come to support your child at this program. This day is counted as a school day, and on Monday December 2, school will be closed.
6. During snowstorms or bad weather conditions, take note of the following in the Handbook (pp. 26). Please watch or listen to one of the following media by 5:30 a.m. or go to our website at 6:00 a.m.: www.oakviewprep.com. Click on Yonkers Public Schools on the right hand side. We do not make the final decision on this matter. Yonkers Public School System does, therefore once you hear / or see the announcement, it is not necessary to call the school to confirm.
TV stations (by 5:30 a.m.) Radio stations (by 6:00 a.m.)
Channel 5, 12, 22. WFME, WABC, WOR or WCBS.
If Yonkers Public Schools are closed, Oakview is closed. If there is a two hours delay the same thing applies to us between Monday and Thursday. If the delay is on Friday, Oakview will be closed.
Please make sure that your child dresses appropriately for the weather conditions we are now experiencing. It is possible that your child may have to wait ten or fifteen minutes extra due to traffic delays. The drivers do not have any control over that. Therefore your child should have on the appropriate attire to be comfortable while he 7. Please make sure to keep your child at home if he/she is sick. We are asking the children to wash their hands and bring a bottle of hand sanitizer inside their school bags so they can keep their hands clean. Also, make sure your child’s full immunization record and current physical are submitted to the school office. This is a state requirement. Please comply immediately.
8. Those of you who will be applying for the 3 – way plan through your church, please remember that the due date is November 30, 2019.
Thank you for your cooperation, remember the more you are involved in your child’s education, the better your child will perform in school.
J. Eric Imbert, Principal