Ms. Stokes (914)457-4654 Mrs. Gooden (914)400-6302
Monday, May 24, 2021
Dear Parents / Guardian
Thank you for your continued cooperation and support of Oakview School. By God’s grace we have made it to the end of another school year.
As we prepare to close this school year and set plans for next school year (2021-2022), please note the following information below:
- Graduation has been moved from June 3 to Sunday, June 6 at Victory SDA Church. School will remain closed on Friday, June 4 as planned.
- Awards ceremony scheduled for Thursday evening June 10, will be postponed to Friday morning June 11 (the last day of school) before class parties.
- Please call Ms. Stokes at 914-423-7369 to register your child for Summer school, which will start on June 21 and run until July 8 (three weeks). The total fee for Summer School is $375.
School will be fully reopened on Monday, August 30, 2021. Pk and K will be in the school building five (5) days per week. However, Grades 1-8 will be in the building four (4) days per week Mondays to Thursdays with “Remote on Fridays”. This will be beneficial for all parties. The majority of parents chose this option. For those who have an issue on Fridays, please call me at 518-209-1183 to work out an accommodation plan.
- We are asking every parent to pay $20.00 in the registration fee to purchase “Management software” in order to control the Chrome books. This will prevent students from visiting other sites when they are using the devices provided for them in the building. Students do not need to bring any computers into the building for learning. We will purchase enough so every child can use one whenever necessary. We will return to textbooks as before. If any student brings a device in the building, it will be taken away from him / her.
- Tuition will remain the same for the next school year. We are asking you to do your best to pay the tuition on time because we fell into a deficit of $40,000 again this school year. If we continue this trend, the school will have to close or increase tuition in order to balance our budget. Please cooperate with us in maintaining the financial health of the school.
Thank you for your attention and understanding. God bless you.
Mr. Imbert, Principal
CURRENTLY NOT APPLICABLE