Ms. Stokes (914)457-4654 Mrs. Gooden (914)400-6302
October 4, 2021
Dear Parent / Guardian:
As we begin this month, I would like to bring a few things to your attention:
1. Please read the monthly calendar in the student planner. September was the month to get your child’s immunization record up to date. We are required to obey the law of the State. If you have failed to do so, the nurse from the New York State Department of Health will ask your child to stay out of school until this is done. Furthermore, CDC has new requirements regarding covid and the directions that all of us need to follow. Please abide by these guidelines for the safety of all of us.
3. Your child has been assigned the reading for the Bible Bowl contest from grades 1-8. Please encourage your child to keep reading. The first test will be written. All those who score 80% or above will participate in the second round which will be verbal. It will take place next week. The Finals will take place on Wednesday October 20, 2021 in the gymnasium. Please be aware that we are trying our best for your child to complete the majority of their work at school by having a study hall period in the schedule. We have noticed that some students refuse to perform academically. Please have a conversation with your child on this matter because this is a violation of the school policy (p.15 “Student Handbook”). Punitive measures will be applied.
4. Please remember to pay your child’s tuition on time which means on the first of each month. This will help us to meet our financial obligations on time. Please remember that your child’s account can be paid with your credit or debit card on the phone. We are not accepting any more personal checks from anyone who falls behind in payment or had a returned check. We will only accept cash, money orders, visa or master card, and /or teller’s check in order to protect the school.
5. Please make sure to write your child’s name on every item he/ she brings to school, especially in the lower grades. This will assist with the return of lost belongings.
6. Remember, the more you are involved in your child’s education, with guidance and encouragement, the better your child will perform in school. High achievement is usually the result of many positive factors – initiative, ability, parental influence, and the school environment. Your child should consistently work on at least one of the following:
a) Review what was done in class for the day
b) Read a book – at least two book reports are due each month
c) Complete homework d) Study for chapter test or Spelling test every week
e) Show all grades received in school to parents.
When these guidelines are consistently practiced, success will be guaranteed.
7. The school’s 30th anniversary will be celebrated on Dec. 4, 2021 at North Bronx SDA Church at 5 p.m. You are invited to be either in person or on Zoom for this celebration. We are asking everyone to collect $20.00 from 5 of your friends or relatives. The school has the responsibility of raising $10,000 for this project. The greatest goal is to provide education up to grade 10 either in this building or another one. Thank you for your help.
8. Home & School Association meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 5th at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom. HSA meetings provide opportunities for parents/guardians to hear about what’s going on with the school, and to voice any ideas, suggestions, or concerns that you may have. We look forward to seeing you there!
Meeting ID: 823 2780 6932 Passcode: 075926
Thank you for your cooperation.
J. Eric Imbert, Principal
Mac n Cheese
OPS Heroes / Salad