Ms. Stokes (914)457-4654 Mrs. Gooden (914)400-6302
Oakview Preparatory School of SDA
November 1, 2023
Dear Parents & Guardians:
Thank you for your support and consistent involvement in your child’s learning experience here at Oakview School. The following are important highlights for the month of November:
1) Nov. 7 – School will function as a regular school day. No Home & School meeting.
2) Nov. 9 – Parent / Teacher Conferences – 10:00am to 6:00pm – No School – Zoom option available for those who cannot make it in person. Please contact your child’s Homeroom Teacher to make an appointment.
3) Nov. 10 – School on Zoom from 8:15am to 12:00pm.
4) Nov. 13 – Science Fair for Grades 3 & 4 – Projects of those who did an experiment will be displayed and judged.
5) Nov. 14 – Picture Day – All Students must be dressed in Full School Uniform. Information on how to order pictures will be sent afterwards.
6) Nov. 22 – Half-Day School on Zoom from 8:15am to 12:00pm.
7) Nov. 23 & 24 – Thanksgiving Break – No School
8) Nov. 30 – 3 Way Plan Applications are due to the conference office. Please check with your church that your application has been sent in. If you need an application, please contact the school office at 914-423-7369.
9) Thank you to those who are paying their monthly fees on time. Our school cannot afford to be in any more deficit because it will directly affect the service we need to provide for our students.
10) Thank you to those who paid for their child’s IXL subscription. Thank you to those who participated in the Miss Chocolate Fundraiser. Your orders should arrive before the end of the month.
J. Eric Imbert
Please be aware that the price of a bottle of water is increased to $1.00. All other prices remain the same:
PreK to Grade 3
lunch - $4
Grade 4 to Grade 8
Lunch - $5
Snacks - $0.50 - $1.00
Water - $1.00
Fruit - $1.00
Pizza - $3.00/slice Salad Pizza - $5.00/slice