Ms. Stokes (914)457-4654 Mrs. Gooden(914)400-6302
JUNE 2019 NEWSLETTER
Wednesday, June 1, 2019 Ms. Stokes 914-457-4654 Mrs. Gooden 914-400-6302
Dear Parent / Guardian:
We are almost at the end of another school year and have begun to plan for next school year 2019-2020. We want to thank all of you who have supported the school and remitted the tuition to the school faithfully. As of today we have a sum of $65,000 that we have not received. Please make an effort to send in your payment ASAP if you owe money to the school.
Please be aware of the following:
1. Kindergarten Graduation will be at Oakview on Thursday June 6, at 9:00 a.m. The Junior Choir will perform so please send the students to school in full school uniform. Grade 8 Commencement will be at 6:00 p.m. sharp. Please be aware that school will dismiss at 12:30 p.m. on that day. On Sabbath, June 8 we will be at the Grand Concourse SDA Church at 10:30 a.m. for the Baccalaureate Ceremony. The Senior Choir will sing for the Divine Hour Service. Grades 4-8 should report in full choir uniform. All are invited to come and support the students and staff on these special occasions. There will be no school on Friday, June 7. The last day of school will be Friday, June 14.
2. Grades 3 – 8 exams are scheduled from May 30 to June 6. The exam schedule was sent home with the last monthly letter. Please encourage your child to study. There is another exam schedule on the back of this letter.
3. Thursday, June 13, early Dismissal at 12:30 p.m. Awards night at 6:30 p.m.
4. Please register your child as soon as possible as there is a late fee of $50.00 for returning students if they fail to register on time. The balance should be paid by July 15, and the first month’s tuition by August 1st in order to finish making payments by May 1, 2020. Pk to grade 4 received their registration form today. The due date is June 14.
5. All students need to pick up their report cards beginning Monday, June 24 at the school between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. They will not be mailed to your house.
6. Beginning on July 1, the office will be opened from 9:30 a.m. – 5: 30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:30 – 1:30 p.m. on Fridays.
7. Summer school will be from June 24 – July 11. The hours are 8:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday only, no classes on Fridays. There will be no transportation. If you are interested, please ask your child / children to get a brochure from the homeroom teacher.
8. School will reopen On Monday, August 26, 2019 in order to finish school on June 12, 2020. For additional information during the summer, please consult our website (www.oakviewprep.com) or call and leave a message at the office. The school calendar for 2019-2020 will be posted on the website by June 14. The supply and reading lists for the year are already there. Please print a copy for your child and make sure that the multiplication tables are learned during the summer. Please remember that the children need to continue practicing Math and English during the summer. They also need to read at least 6 books.
9. All parents need to fill out the registration form for the next year and return it by June 14 with a $50.00 deposit. The balance of $255.00 for registration and books needs to be paid by July 15. Thank you for your cooperation.
J. Eric Imbert, Principal