Ms. Stokes (914)457-4654 Mrs. Gooden(914)400-6302
MAY 2019 NEWSLETTER
Wednesday, May 1, 2019 Ms. Stokes 914-457-4654 Mrs. Gooden 914-400-6302
Dear Parent / Guardian:
Please be reminded of the following:
1. The application form for next school year for grades 6, 7 & 8 will be sent home tomorrow. It is imperative that everyone completes the form and returns it by May 15 with a $50.00 deposit for the new school year. We cannot guarantee you an available space, as registration is done on a first come- first served basis. If you fail to register your child, you may have to pay a late fee of $50.00(Handbook p. 21 – D). The rest of the school will receive their forms by May 30, and it should be returned by June 14. Parents are welcome to stop by the office to complete the form.
2. Tuesday, May 7, is the last Home and School meeting at 7:00 p.m. at OPS.
3. Our Career Day will also be on Tuesday, May 7. Please come to spend the day with us if you are available or invite someone to come and share his/her career with the students.
4. Saturday, May 11, the Senior Choir (Grades 4-8) was asked to minister in songs at the Berea SDA Church for Education Day. The children are asked to be in their Choir Uniforms. Those who have transportation problems can take the school bus at 10:00 a.m. from Philadelphia SDA church(233rd and Bronxwood) to Berea SDA church. The Church is located at 67 South Broadway, Nyack NY 10960.
5. Junior Olympics will be on Thursday, May 16. The Venue: Pelham Bay Park, Bronx, NY. On that day, those who are participating in the different athletic events (Grades 1-8 only) will board the bus one hour behind the regular schedule. The gym teacher will notify all those who have qualified for these events. All students are asked to wear their gym uniform. Parents are welcome to join us at the park. The program will start at 10:00 a.m. and finish at 1:00 p.m. Students who normally ride on Bus 1 or 2 will be taken home between 1:30-3:00 p.m. Those who are not participating in these events are allowed to stay home to finish their homework or report to the Park with their parents. The school building will be closed.
6. Thursday, May 30 at 7:00 p.m, we will have a recital for the children in the Orchestra at Oakview. Please come to support the children.
7. Please note that Kindergarten graduation is scheduled for Thursday, June 6, at 9:00 a.m. Grade 1-7 students must wear full uniform for graduation. School will dismiss at 12:30 p.m. on that day. The first part of the Grade 8 graduation will be on the same day at 6:00 p.m. sharp, and the school will be closed on Friday, June 7.
8. We appreciate and thank many of you for your up-to-date tuition payment. Some of you are behind in your payments. We are asking you to make special efforts to rectify the situation. Tuition payments help in maintaining the smooth operation of our school. All tuition must be paid in full by May 5. Students with an unpaid balance and no payment plan will not be allowed to sit the final exams.
9. Please remember to collect and send in Box Tops to the school office. A continuous collection helps our school right throughout the year.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in these matters.
J. Eric Imbert, Principal