Ms. Stokes (914)457-4654 Mrs. Gooden (914)400-6302
FEBRUARY 2020 NEWSLETTER
Monday, Feb.3, 2020 Ms. Stokes 914-457-4654 Mrs. Gooden 914-400-6302
We have completed five months of school so far. We are encouraging you to keep on fighting the good fight of faith, and keep working with your child to the end.
Please be reminded of the following:
1. Grades 1-8 started their Spelling Bee contest last week in class. Those who score 80 % or above will move to the second round on Feb. 7, which will be verbal. The finals will take place on February 12, in the gymnasium.
2. The Junior Choir (Pk-3) is scheduled to sing at Mamaroneck SDA Church on Feb. 29, 2020. The church is located at 191 Prospect Ave, Mamaroneck, NY 10543. Also, students will be visiting different churches after the concert on March 7. Please be aware that we need your full support in order to keep a vibrant school with low tuition.
3. Home and School meeting will convene through conference call this month on Tuesday, February 4, at 7:00 p.m. Please call (605)475-4700, access code # 132686.
4. Winter Break session is scheduled for February 17-21, 2020.
5. There is no scheduled Parent/Teacher Conferences at the end of the second marking period. The Homeroom Teacher will inform you in writing by February 6, if they will need to see you. If you have a concern, you may call to make an appointment to speak with the teacher about your child’s performance. The report cards will be sent home with your child on Feb. 7, if your account is up to date. Just in case you do not receive it, please call the school on the following day to verify. You should have access to your child’s grades through the Jupiter grading system. If not, something is wrong. Please stop by the school or call in order to fix the problem. (If you need the Federal ID for your Income Tax, the number is 113070794).
6. We are asking you for your support by promoting the concert and asking for donations. Instead of tickets, we are using collection envelopes to raise the funds. You will receive four(4) envelopes to collect donations from family and friends. Each parent is responsible to raise at least $60.00. The concert will take place on March 7 at 5:30 p.m. We need to raise $65,000 in order to install a new gas furnace for the school. Please help to make your school better for the children. Please invite 10 friends to come to the program.
7. For all of you who purchase your goods from Amazon, I am asking you to do so from the school website by clicking on the button on the right hand side of the home page. The school will receive 0.5% from the company, which will be used for school projects. Thank you for your help.
J. Eric Imbert, Principal