The Oakview Preparatory School promotes an active Home and School Association. Regular meetings are held at the school on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. These meetings are designed to provide opportunities for parents, teachers, school board members, patrons, church members and all other interested persons to share, develop and widen their ideas of plans, activities, and resources which can be utilized for a child’s growth and development academically, socially and culturally.
Purpose and Objectives
- To provide parent education.
- To unite the home, the school, and the church in their endeavors to provide Seventh-day Adventist Christian education for the children.
- To educate parents in cooperation with the church and school in their work of fostering the development of the whole child - “the harmonious development of the physical, the mental, and the spiritual power.” - Education, p. 13.
- To promote cooperation between parents and teachers in the educational process.
- To give guidance for establishing in the home an atmosphere of love and discipline in which Seventh-day Adventist Christian values can be instilled in children through Bible study, prayer, family worship, and the example of the parents.
- To provide an opportunity for parents and teachers to develop a positive relationship in their work for the children.
- To support the church school in its effort to more fully harmonize the principles of Christian education in philosophy, content, and methodology.
- To strengthen the relationship between home and school by promoting such activities as:
- Providing suggestions to the administration and school board for curriculum improvement.
- Encouraging frequent communication between home and school.
- Encouraging parents to visit the school.
- Encouraging teachers to visit the homes of students.
- Providing volunteer services as requested by the school.
- Assisting in providing the school with additional equipment and facilities not provided by the church or conference/mission.